- A minimum of 20% of the retail price of the item must be paid at the time the customer lays away the item.
- Sale items cannot be placed on layaway.
- At the time of the layaway, the customer must provide complete contact information (phone number, email address, mailing address).
- The customer has 90 days to complete payment.
- If the item is not fully paid for in 90 days, or if the customer cancels the layaway during that period, a store credit will be issued when the layaway item has been sold. The credit will be for the amount made in payments minus a restocking charge of 10% of the retail price. The store credit will be valid for 1 year from the date the item is sold.
- In the event of damage to a layaway item due to forces beyond our control (such as natural disasters like hurricanes), a store credit valid for one year will be issued in an amount equaling the payments made.
- These layaway policies are effective immediately and also apply to all current layaway items.
- Store credits are valid for one year from date of issue.
- Store credits issued for cancelled layaway items are valid for one year from the date the cancelled layaway item is sold.
SPECIAL OR CUSTOM ORDERS
- A 50% deposit is required on special or custom orders.
- Full payment is required upon placement of a fabric order. There will be no returns of or store credits issued on fabric orders.
- The customer must provide complete contact information (phone number, email address, mailing address) at the time the order is made
- A special or custom order cannot be cancelled once the order is placed. A store credit valid for one year will be issued for the deposit when the item has been sold.
- Special and custom orders must be paid for and picked up within 14 days of arrival at Sweet Lime Furnishings.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
- Items must be returned at the customer’s expense within 10 days of delivery.
- A store credit minus a restocking fee of 10% of the purchase price will be issued. The store credit will be valid for one year from the date of purchase.
- Sale items are sold as is. No returns, refunds, or exchanges will be made on sale items.
DAMAGED OR DEFECTIVE ITEMS
- Sweet Lime Furnishings makes a distinction between an item with a manufacturing defect and a damaged item. A defective item comes from the manufacturer with defects resulting from poor design or way It was produced. The defect is inherent in the product. A damaged item has received some injury following production. This may have happened in shipping or through the way the item is used.
- Many items at Sweet Lime Furnishings carry manufacturers’ warranties and we will make warranty claims for customers on such items assuming the defect is discovered during the warranty period. The customer is responsible for notifying us as soon as the defect is discovered and for returning the defective item to Sweet Lime Furnishings.
- For items that do not offer manufacturers’ warranties, customers must notify Sweet Lime Furnishings of a manufacturer defect and return the item to Sweet Lime Furnishings within 90 days of purchase. A store credit valid for one year from the date of purchase will be issued.
- Damage occurring to an item used in a commercial setting, including vacation rentals, is the responsibility of the customer unless a warranty is offered for such use by the manufacturer.
- We offer no warranty on outdoor furniture and décor other than that offered by the manufacturer.
- All sales are final on art purchased at Sweet Lime Furnishings.
PLACING ITEMS ON HOLD
- Customers can put an item on hold for two business days.
- If the customer has not made a purchase decision by the end of the hold period, the item will be released for sale.
- Items are taken on consignment at the sole discretion of Sweet Lime Furnishings.
- The owner must pay to transport the item(s) to Sweet Lime Furnishings.
- The owner must pay for any repairs necessary to get the item ready to sell.
- The owner must set the price for the item. The price the item sells for will be split 60%40%, 60% going to the owner of the item.
- Sweet Lime Furnishings accepts no financial responsibility for the item in the event of a natural disaster such as a hurricane.
- If the item has not sold in 60 days, the owner agrees to have it removed from Sweet Lime Furnishings within 14 days at the owner’s expense. The owner may choose to donate the item, in which case it may be possible to have it picked up by the organization to which it is donated. If the item is not promptly removed at the end of 60 days, Sweet Lime Furnishings reserves the right to donate it.
STORAGE OF PURCHASES
- Due to limited space in the store and warehouses, purchased items much be picked up within 14 days of purchase.
- In certain circumstances, the 14-day period may be extended, but any extension is at the sole discretion of Sweet Lime Furnishings.
- If the item is not picked up within 14 days of purchase and Sweet Lime Furnishings has not extended the amount of time until the item must be picked up, Sweet Lime Furnishings reserves the right to cancel the sale and issue a store credit valid for one year minus a restocking fee of 10% of the purchase price.
- Sweet Lime Furnishings accepts no responsibility for items not picked up within the 14-days following purchase or the extended period agreed to by Sweet Lime Furnishings.
- For the customer’s convenience, Sweet Lime Furnishings can provide contact information for people who do deliveries.
- Free delivery on orders over $1500.
- Sweet Lime Furnishings accepts cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
- There is a $50 service charge on returned checks.